Includes 20 prerecorded scripts (10 basic and 10 more advanced) that can be practiced by the person with aphasia.
Scripts that have been created and recorded by the speech-language pathologist using the EDITOR in the clinic can be added to the person with aphasia’s PLAYER on their home computer for home practice.
The PLAYER is simple and easily operated by most individuals with aphasia. It allows for repetitive practice of pre-recorded individualized scripts with varying degrees of support to the user. The player interface has three components: first, the user listens silently to the whole conversation; second the user practices each sentence of the conversation repeatedly; and third, the entire conversation is rehearsed in turn-taking with the virtual therapist. Various forms of assistance are provided including highlighting the written word, observing the virtual therapist’s corresponding mouth movements, and speaking the sentence in a choral manner. The person with aphasia also has an opportunity to play back and listen to his or her utterances recorded by the computer.
Note: AphasiaScripts® is available for Windows PC or laptop only -- not compatible with Macs or tablets!.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND READ DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS AND MANUALS BEFORE DOWNLOADING APHASIASCRIPTS® PROGRAM!
AphasiaScripts® works with Java Version 7, a free download from www.java.com. Please download this version of Java to your computer before downloading AphasiaScripts®. Download Instructions, including information on Java, will be available when you purchase AphasiaScripts®.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Computer/Processor: 1.6Ghz 32bit (x86) or faster processor.
- Monitor: 1024x768 screen resolution or higher.
- RAM: Minimum 512 MB (Windows XP); Minimum 1 GB (Windows Vista or Windows 7).
- Operating System: Windows XP Home/Media Center Edition/Professional with SP2 or higher; Windows Vista Home Basic/Premium/Business/Ultimate; Windows 7. Administrative rights required.
- Internet Connection: Broadband connection to download and install the software.
- Hard Disk Space: 50 MB minimum.
- Third Party Software: Web browser to download and install the software (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari); Java Runtime Environment JRE 1.5 or higher (standard on most computers or available for free at http://www.java.com).
- Speakers or headphones (close-talking microphone headset recommended but not required).
- Mouse or keyboard.